Georgian Amethyst Chrysoberyl Cross Pendant
For the Georgian woman dressing was complete only when jewelry was worn. For daily wear any length of earring, bracelets worn in pairs, multiple rings, a brooch here and there and, of course a necklace or long gold chain was appropriate. The cross was virtually the pendant de rigueur as a statement of fashion and of faith. Designs ranged from the emblematic Latin cross to the cross of St. George or Maltese cross.
This striking example in 10k rose gold makes a show and is underscored with the use of amethyst and chrysoberyl gems. Subtle in coloration, an estimated 37 carats of eleven (11) round faceted natural amethysts with a pastel grape hue are set in open pinched collets of rose gold. At each connection point around the perimeter are seventeen (17) scarce light pale chartreuse green chrysoberyls gems and three (3) replaced clear pastes also in pinched rose gold collets.
Date: Circa 1850.
Chain is sold separately. Just ask about our matching chains.
Measurements: 2-3/4 inches (7.0 cm) in length including bale by 1-7/8 inches (4.7 cm) in width. Weight of 8.8 grams (5.7 dwt).
Condition: Excellent for its age; 3 of the chrysoberyls appear to have been replaced with clear pastes.
Origin: Most likely English.
Note: Gemstone weights are approximated by measurement and formula and may vary from actual if removed. All metals are acid tested.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.