Natural Wonder: Peridot Pearl Brooch with Box
The precious metal platinum is not only beautiful but possesses exceptional strength allowing extremely narrow and fine detailing. Here we see that characteristic at work in a fine example of an Edwardian era brooch. A delicate lace-like structure has the ability to support a grand and glorious emerald cut natural peridot of an estimated 12 carats. The large gem is centered within a labyrinth of sensuous scrolls, curlicues and curves accented with mille graining.
Drilled and wired around the perimeter are forty-two (42) natural saltwater pearls (untested but guaranteed to be natural) creating a frame for a spider web of platinum interspersed with seventy-two (72) rose cut diamonds of a total estimated weight of .30 carats. The brooch is accompanied by its (original) grey and gold tooled leather box with fitted cream interior which reads “London & Ryder, 17 New Bond Street, London W.” in gold script.
Date: Circa 1910.
Measurements: 1-1/4 inches (3.2 cm) in total length by 1 inch (2.5 cm). Weight of 9.1 grams (5.9 dwt).
Note: All gemstone weights are approximated by measurement and formula and may vary from actual if removed. All metals are acid tested.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.