Passion Expressed: Turquoise Snake Bracelet
Sensuously coiled around the wrist a snake motif bracelet of 18k yellow gold wends its way to your heart. The symbol brings with it eons of mystery and intrigue as attributes of wisdom, rebirth and healing surge throughout its very being. The popular Victorian image was a romantic one and was used extensively in jewelry of the time. For the subdued Victorians the snake motif was a vehicle to display passions unspoken.
The entire surface of the hinged bangle bracelet is hand engraved with patterns emulating snake skin alternating with swirls and ocean waves of scrolls. The finely detailed head is set with a series of three natural turquoise cut en cabochon and fiery red ruby cabochon eyes. Although with jaws slightly parted, the sinuous serpent will refrain from causing any harm, as its size will fit most any wrist. A hidden tongue and groove clasp with safety chain ensures security.
Date: Circa 1870.
Measurements: Will fit an average wrist from about 6 inches or less up to 7 inches or a bit more. Inner circumference is 6-3/4 inches (17.1 cm) in length by 5/8 of an inch (1.4 cm) at the widest. Weight of 18.9 grams (12.2 dwt).
Condition: Excellent; safety chain is metal.
Origin: European, most likely English.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.