Starry Eyed: Edwardian Enamel Locket
The locket has been an integral part of jewelry history. Included in the type of jewelry referred to as sentimental, the meaning behind such a piece is steeped in emotions. Think for a moment of where the locket is worn – suspended from a chain or ribbon around the neck or pinned to the bosom. Each of those places the locket close to the heart. Romance galore or memory bittersweet, the locket is a container for feelings ephemeral or forever.
Oval in shape, this petite box locket of 14k yellow gold has a wonderful design engraved into both the front and back surface. Almost swirling, the pattern is reminiscent of the vastness we often see depicted in images of the universe. Embellished with vivid verdant green in color enamel, the locket is appointed with a collection of seven tiny gold stars on each side. The guilloché technique gives the lines under the translucent enamel layer a wondrous depth to the total gestalt. Thin in overall profile, the interior reveals an inner hinged glass rim to hold a photo.
Date: Circa 1900.
Measurements: 1-1/4 inches (3.1 cm) in length including bale by 5/8 of an inch (1.4 cm) in width. Weight of 4.6 grams (3.0 dwt).
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.