Edwardian Floating Opal Négligée Necklace
Edwardian jewelry styles emphasized femininity, lightness and delicacy. Necklaces such as the lavaliere, sautoir and négligée were quite the fashion during these airy and lace filled years.
Here we have an example of a marvelous négligée necklace of 14k yellow gold. Usually these necklaces unevenly suspend a pair of drops set side by side. This sensual piece features small glass vials filled with tiny chunks of white opal floating within liquid. A lively play of colors of bright spring green, fiery neon orange, ballistic blue and passionate purple runs rampant within the small confines of the tiny glass bubbles.
Each drop is capped with a 14k yellow gold inverted tulip form engraved with decorative elements. An open work surmount reminiscent of a lyre accented with a similar tulip motif drapes the unequal lengths of rolo chain with opal-filled finials.
Date: Circa 1920.
Measurements: 2-1/4 inches (5.8 cm) in length including bale by 3/4 of an inch (1.9 cm) in width. Chain is 15-1/4 inches (38.7 cm) in length. Weight of 5.3 grams (3.5 dwt).
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.