Antique Memento Mori Skull Ring
The origins of memento mori jewelry hail from the 16th century when it was intended as a reminder of our temporary existence on this mortal coil. Quite a number of iconic symbols were used to represent this particular concept. Such forms as a bones, shovel or pickaxe were incorporated. Quite obviously, a skeleton or skull was the image most often used to convey how truly fleeting is time.
Modeled in 15k rose gold is a realistic representation of a human skull 10 mm by 7 mm by 7 mm in height. The major aspects of the cranium are depicted. Even the sutures, those zig zag lines on the skull which join the plates together are shown along with the two eye sockets, nasal concha and teeth set within the mandible. Set on a smooth unadorned rose gold shank.
Date: Circa 1850 possibly earlier.
Measurements: 3/8 of an inch (1.0 cm) in length north to south on the hand and rises 1/4 of an inch (0.8 cm) in height off the finger. Weight of 2.2 grams (1.4 dwt).
Ring Size: US 6-1/4 (UK M; Euro or Int. Circum. 52.5 mm; Int. Dia. 16.7 mm; Japan 12) and easily can be sized to fit most. Ring sizing information.
Condition: Excellent very light wear to some engraved details but all still present and clear.
Origin: Most likely English.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.