The Serpent & The Flower - Amazing Stickpins
This is one of the favorite new finds of The Three Graces. Perfect, petite and packed with an amazing amount of detail in a small space, this true treasure of 15k yellow gold and very fine gemstones is a Victorian double stick pin brooch.
Two stick pins are connected with an unusual fancy link chain of yellow gold. One is topped with the motif of an undulating snake. The reptile is set with a series of graduated in size natural emeralds which, from their coloration are most certainly Colombian in origin. The snake has a ruby-set head and two tiny rose cut diamond eyes. The other stick pin has a stylized quatrefoil or flower element with a fine ruby center and a chunky single cut diamond in each of the four cusps or arms.
Notice that the cluster stick pin is smaller and has proportionately smaller twists on its shaft. Twists such as these were most often found on Victorian stickpins as an aid to secure the pin into the fabric. Of the highest caliber of artistry and the jeweler's art!
Date: Circa 1870.
Measurements: Snake is 2-1/2 inches (6.5 cm) in length by 1/2 of an inch (1.2 cm) in width. Other pin is 2-1/4 inches (5.8 cm) in length by 3/8 of an inch (1.0 cm) in width. Connecting chain is 2-3/4 inches (7.0 cm) Total weight of 4.5 grams (2.9 dwt).
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.