Scottish Modernist Lapis Bone Pendant
Designers of modernist jewelry took on the philosophy of rejecting all that had come before them. Often seeing themselves as sculptors in their own right, these jewelers sought to create one-of-a-kind pieces of wearable art.
This modernist (1976) piece utilizes “ancient” materials of gold, lapis lazuli and bone in its creation. Heavy in weight and solid in construction, the combination of these materials and their individual attributes result in a strong image with textural impact. Similar in configuration to a pendulum, a tapered and reeded element of 18k yellow gold suspends a 10 mm lapis lazuli cabochon set in a pierced gold bezel. Extending in three directions from the lapis are a trio of gold rectangles inset with bone flush with the edges of the bezels. Visually arresting and of the most painstaking workmanship - it is a marvel of construction.
Measurements: 2 inches (5.0 cm) in length by 1 inch (2.5 cm) in width. Weight of 7.9 grams (5.0 dwt).
Hallmarks: Full set of English hallmarks for 18k, Scotland, year letter for 1976 and maker's mark "LMH".
Note: All gemstones are tested in our gemological laboratory. All metals are acid tested.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, notify us within (3) days of receipt for a full refund. Return shipping is free!
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Just write "extended return" in the comments box of your order to qualify! Notify us by December 29th, ship back by January 2nd, 2015.
Standard Return Procedure
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.