Chic Diamond Engagement Ring
Late 1940s and early 1950s jewelry began to take on a more tailored look. From the curvaceous and chunky profile or the previous era, fine items became slimmed down and platinum once again ruled.
Here we have an archetypal example of an engagement ring from that era with a twist. With a total carat of weight of .85 point, the centered transitional brilliant cut diamond of .63 carats (E-F color; VS1 clarity) is set in a traditional mounting.
On each side in a diagonal platinum panel six (6) diamonds flank the main diamond – a column of three (3) single cuts followed by two (2) baguettes stacked one upon the other terminating in an additional single cut in a lozenge bezel for a total additional diamond weight of an estimated .22 carats (G-H color, VS2-SI2 clarity). The split shoulders gently segue into a smooth as silk platinum shank.
The ring is accompanied by an EGL USA certificate for the diamonds which were graded and estimated in mounting.
Date: Circa 1950.
Measurements: 1/4 of an inch (0.8 cm) in length north to south on the hand and rises 1/4 of an inch (0.8 cm) in height off the finger. Weight of 3.6 grams (2.3 dwt).
Ring Size: US 4-1/2 (UK I; Euro or Int. Circum. 48.0 mm; Int. Dia. 15.3 mm; Japan 8) and easily can be sized to fit most. Ring sizing information.
Hallmarks: 10% Ir Pl.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.