Kinetic Art: 1960s Coral Ring
The 1960s saw a radical shift from the “matching gloves and hat” epitome of style to the wildness of the Rudi Gernreich swimsuit. Accordingly jewelry went right along with this flip. The tailored look was usurped by what we may refer to as kinetic art of the 1960s which provides us with a fourth dimension – that of movement.
Flourishing during a time of change, kinetic pieces often incorporated natural forms with a design that offered some type of movement within the composition. Here we are confronted with a modernist perspective in pursuit of wearable art. A globe of natural coral spins on an internal axis within a framework of 18k yellow gold. Superb line and proportion contribute to a visual experience unlike one experienced before.
Date: Circa 1965.
Measurements: Just shy of 3/4 of an inch (1.8 cm) in length north to south on the hand and rises just shy of 3/4 of an inch (1.8 cm) in height off the finger. Weight of 9.9 grams (6.4 dwt).
Ring Size: US 6-1/2 (UK M-1/2; Euro or Int. Circum. 53.1 mm; Int. Dia. 16.9 mm; Japan 13) and easily can be sized to fit most. Ring sizing information.
Hallmarks: European hallmarks.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.