Dated 1901 Amethyst Solitaire Ring
The years surrounding the Edwardian era also incorporated the Art Nouveau and Arts and Crafts movements. Jewelry from this period could be rather imaginative, in terms of both design and the materials of choice as well as more traditional. Rings however were a tad limited due to the nature of their shape. “Innovations” came in the form of the solitaire setting and certain gemstones remained in favor.
Amethyst was one of those gems which maintained its status at the turn of the 20th century. Typically rich in color, this estimated 4.5 carat oval faceted natural amethyst solitaire has a wide 9k rose gold bezel placed within a mount of size. Sculptural shoulders with stylized foliate designs appoint the sides and transcend to a smooth silken shank. English hallmarks are engraved to the interior.
Measurements: 9/16 of an inch (1.3 cm) in length north to south on the hand and rises 5/16 of an inch (0.9 cm) in height off the finger. Weight of 5.7 grams (3.6 dwt).
Ring Size: US 8-3/4 (UK R; Euro or Int. Circum. 58.9 mm; Int. Dia. 18.7 mm; Japan over 17) and easily can be sized to fit most. Ring sizing information.
Hallmarks: English hallmarks for Birmingham, date letter for 1901, 9k gold marks and maker's mark of NBs.
Note: Gemstone weight is approximated by measurement and formula and may vary from actual if removed. All metals are acid tested.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.