Arts and Crafts Garnet Pendant Necklace
The Arts and Crafts Movement preferred the look of a handcrafted aesthetic, stressed the use of natural materials and had inspiration based on the individual versus a group model. To put it a bit more simply, this school of art and design was a reaction to the industrialization and mechanized society of the late 19th century.
Less costly metals and stones were chosen in a salute to the intrinsic artistic value inherent in such “humble” substances. This example of pendant with necklace, large and beautifully wrought in sterling silver centers around a natural garnet cabochon of 13 mm in diameter. Bezel set with twisted rope decoration, the Renaissance color of the garnet was much admired. The pendant itself is a geometric stylization of a flower cluster with decorative motifs reminiscent of Islamic and medieval design forms. The original rolo chain and tube clasp remain with the necklace. Artful, this has a generous size and yet meticulous in its details.
Date: Circa 1910.
Measurements: Pendant is 2-7/8 inches (7.4 cm) in length including bale by 1-5/8 inches (4.1 cm) in width. Chain is 18 inches (45.7 cm) in length when worn. Weight of 13.4 grams (8.6 dwt) for pendant and chain.
Origin: Possibly English.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, notify us within (3) days of receipt for a full refund. Return shipping is free!
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Just write "extended return" in the comments box of your order to qualify! Notify us by December 29th, ship back by January 2nd, 2015.
Standard Return Procedure
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.