Demantoid Garnet Lizard Brooch
Nature comes to us in all sorts of guises…the weather, leaves on trees, Niagara Falls, a capuchin monkey and even the human being. It could be argued that the Edwardians had a somewhat realistic view of their world in seeing it just as it existed.
Here a timeless gold brooch reflects that literal perspective with a true to life model of a Gecko lizard. Typically green in color, 14k yellow gold gives the reptile the warmth of the color of the sun set with a series of green demantoid garnets rippling down the length of his back. A scale-like pattern covers his corpus to protect him from the inevitable predator and diamond set eyes give the little fellow the ability to see the world with a sparkle. Please note the realism inherent in his hands and feet. Oh, just two words of caution…that tail.
Date: Circa 1910.
Measurements: 2 inches (5.0 cm) in length by 3/4 of an inch (1.9 cm) in width. Weight of 5.7 grams (3.6 dwt).
Condition: Excellent; one stone slightly paler than others.
Origin: American for the gold work; Russian for the demantoids.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.