Demantoid Garnet Lizard Brooch
Nature comes to us in all sorts of guises…the weather, leaves on trees, Niagara Falls, a capuchin monkey and even the human being. It could be argued that the Edwardians had a somewhat realistic view of their world in seeing it just as it existed.
Here a timeless gold brooch reflects that literal perspective with a true to life model of a Gecko lizard. Typically green in color, 14k yellow gold gives the reptile the warmth of the color of the sun set with a series of green demantoid garnets rippling down the length of his back. A scale-like pattern covers his corpus to protect him from the inevitable predator and diamond set eyes give the little fellow the ability to see the world with a sparkle. Please note the realism inherent in his hands and feet. Oh, just two words of caution…that tail.
Date: Circa 1910.
Measurements: 2 inches (5.0 cm) in length by 3/4 of an inch (1.9 cm) in width. Weight of 5.7 grams (3.6 dwt).
Condition: Excellent; one stone slightly paler than others.
Origin: American for the gold work; Russian for the demantoids.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Standard Return Procedure
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.