Art Deco Mabe Pearl Diamond Earrings
Newman’s “An Illustrated Dictionary of Jewelry” defines a Mabe pearl as an early type of cultured pearl first produced c. 1896 by Kokichi Mikimoto, in the form of a blister pearl by inserting an irritant in the mollusc and later removing the nucleus and replacing it with a small bead cemented in and backed with mother of pearl.
Elegantly feminine, each pendant earring of 14k yellow gold features a round and a teardrop Mabe pearl with delicate appearing flower buds and leaves set with two (2) old European cut and four (4) rose cut diamonds with a total estimated diamond weight of .04 carats. Articulate design reflects the gentlest sway.
Date: Circa 1920.
Measurements: 1 inch (2.5 cm) in length including ear wire by 1/4 of an inch (0.8 cm) at the widest. Weight of 2.1 grams (1.4 dwt) for the pair.
Condition: Excellent; one rose cut diamond with a minute chip visible with magnification.
Note: Diamonds were not removed to preserve the integrity of the setting. Weights are approximated by measurement and formula and may vary from actual weights. All metals are acid tested.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Standard Return Procedure
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.