On the Flip Side: Art Deco Lapis Ring
Men of the 1930s had a flair for dressing. They were styling with their long broad lapels, square shoulders and ventless tails. Full cut trousers were the standard of the day. Masculine elegance was coming into its own and the signet ring was de rigueur for the well dressed man.
Designed and manufactured by Stern & Stern of New York, this 14k white gold ring for a man (although quite suitable for a woman) displays a clever use of a fulcrum. The center plaque is two sided: one is set with deep azure blue lapis lazuli; the other is a white gold medallion emblazoned with engraved initials of “EWE” or “CWC”. Simply flip and up comes the area of choice to display. Chevron designs border the matrix of the ring with bold patterns all along the side panels.
Date: Circa 1930.
Measurements: 3/4 of an inch (1.9 cm) in length north to south on the hand and rises 1/4 of an inch (0.8 cm) in height off the finger. Weight of 8.8 grams (5.6 dwt).
Ring Size: US 11 (UK V-1/2; Euro or Int. Circum. 64.6 mm; Int. Dia. 20.6 mm; Japan 23) and easily can be sized to fit most. Ring sizing information.
Hallmarks: Romany Pat.; 14k.
Note: All gemstones and diamonds tested in our gemological laboratory. All metals are acid tested.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, notify us within (3) days of receipt for a full refund. Return shipping is free!
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Just write "extended return" in the comments box of your order to qualify! Notify us by December 29th, ship back by January 2nd, 2015.
Standard Return Procedure
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.