Flight: Signed Hroar Prydz Enamel Butterfly Brooch
Scandinavian silver smiths have an extensive history of designing and making splendid jewelry. Norway especially has a tradition of keen aesthetics and high standards which includes the use of enamels.
One of those Norwegian master enamellists is Hroar Prydz. Based in Oslo, Prydz was known for his realistic renderings of insects. Here is an example of his technique with the portrayal of a gorgeous butterfly brooch in silver gilt with guilloché enameling in shades of blue, butter yellow and very deep blue black.
His detailed work is exemplified by the fine lines incised across the surface of the metal in the depiction of the fragility of the wings of the butterfly. The lines under the colored, translucent enamel layer give such a depth to the composition and increase its visual effect.
Date: Circa 1960.
Measurements: 1-7/16 inches (3.6 cm) in length by 7/8 of an inch (2.2 cm) in width. Weight of 5.0 grams (3.2 dwt).
Hallmarks: Sterling, Hroar Prydz mark and Norway.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, notify us within (3) days of receipt for a full refund. Return shipping is free!
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Just write "extended return" in the comments box of your order to qualify! Notify us by December 29th, ship back by January 2nd, 2015.
Standard Return Procedure
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.