Lady in Waiting: Plique-à-Jour Enamel Pendant
In plique-à-jour, transparent enamels are set within a pierced metal framework similar to stained glass. Light can shine through each section, as the technique employs no backing. Quite difficult and fragile to achieve, the Riker Brothers of Newark were able to develop a more efficient method of the technique.
Although this 14k yellow gold pendant appears to have been made circa 1935, it encompasses the artistry and craftsmanship associated with Art Nouveau. It depicts the profile and body of a woman in a flowing gown gazing outwardly towards a vista of plique-à-jour enamel in shades of green and aqua with hints of pomegranate red. A wreath or tiara set with four (4) accent diamonds is entwined within her flowing hair.
Date: Circa 1935.
Need a chain? Just ask us!
Measurements: 1-7/16 inches (3.6 cm) in total length including top bale and 9/16 inches (2.4 cm). Weight of 7.1 grams (4.5 dwt).
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Standard Return Procedure
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.