Cornucopia of Thanks: Georgian Brooch
The cornucopia is the perfect visual representation of bountiful thanks. Lyrical in form and abundant in content and meaning, this finely rendered 15k yellow gold brooch sings the praises of craftsmanship and design with every degree of its curves and each micron of surface texture. Clearly affirming the sentimental era of jewelry circa 1820, the designer left nothing to chance or haphazard execution of form. Every element held meaning in completion of the overall composition. Grape leaves, a flowerhead in bloom, even a tiny cluster of grapes set with four (4) garnets, two (2) turquoise and a green paste to emulate an emerald with textured 15k yellow gold – all in an area of greater than the space taken by an American quarter and dime. Only the English and French excelled in the poetic imagery of jewelry.
Date: Circa 1820.
Measurements: 1-1/4 inches (3.1 cm) in length and 1 inch (2.5 cm) in width. Weight of 2.5 grams (1.6 dwt).
Origin: Most likely English.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Standard Return Procedure
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.