Think of Me: Garnet Pansy Flower Necklace
Today the language of symbol and sentiment is all but lost. Used throughout the 18th and 19th centuries, enigmatic meanings have been assigned to any number of flower and foliate objects to in an unspoken manner communicate feelings and sentiments.
The pansy is one such example which used extensively employed during the Georgian sentimental era (1810-1840). The word itself is believed be a distortion of pronunciation of the French word “pensee” for thought. The flower itself soon became synonymous with the phrase “thinking of you” and thus began a century of gesture as sentiment.
Bright flat cut natural almandine garnets set into 9k rose gold have been formed into five petal pansy flowers and joined one to the other with a grouping of three – two small round and a larger oval shape. The sensuous necklace remains a superb example even after almost two hundred years with all of the garnets still fiery, warm and brilliant. The closed back settings lie flat against the neck and assure a sensuous draping.
Date: Circa 1820.
Measurements: 15-1/2 inches (39.4 cm) in length; longest drop is 3/4 of an inch (1.9 cm) in width. Weight of 18.3 grams (11.8 dwt).
Condition: Excellent for its type and age; all garnets original.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, notify us within (3) days of receipt for a full refund. Return shipping is free!
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Just write "extended return" in the comments box of your order to qualify! Notify us by December 29th, ship back by January 2nd, 2015.
Standard Return Procedure
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.