Stunning Georgian Almandine Garnet Earrings
Garnets were the darlings of daytime Georgian jewelry and when the gems were flat cut, they were perfect to be foiled and set closed back to enrich their natural coloration to a red, purple or pink hue. This pair of luscious earrings is from the early 19th century sentimental period when meaning and symbolism were infused in the design of virtually each piece of jewelry.
Here a naturalistic asymmetrical configuration of foliate and leaf patterns display a pansy theme representing friendship or love. All gems are foiled and set closed back in crimped collets of 9k yellow gold. Please note that the reverse reveals the flat versus bulbous back consistent with the later years of the Georgian era. Modern 14k ear wires have been added.
Date: Circa 1810.
Important: Foiled jewelry should not be exposed to water for any extended period of time nor soaked in any other liquid. In addition, avoid steam cleaning.
Measurements: 1-5/8 inches (4.4 cm) in length including ear wire by 1 inch (2.5 cm) at the widest. Weight of 6.6 grams (4.3 dwt) for the pair.
Condition: Very good; top garnet cluster was not created with the bottom dangle but both are of very similar design and workmanship and are from the exact same time period. Modern ear wires.
Origin: Most likely English.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.