Archaeological Revival Amphorae Earrings
Revival motifs are the mainstay of jewelry history. Some styles and influences have and will remain timeless.
For the Victorians exposure to the bounty of this archaeological work made for the incorporation of these themes directly into the culture of the times. Everything from wallpaper to chair coverings reflected the most recent find and these 18k yellow gold two-element earrings prove that point to the ultimate.
With the configuration of an object of everyday classical Grecian use – the amphora - gold wire work and enamel are taken to new heights, The hollow construction is consistent with the techniques of the era, and these perfect mid-length earrings incorporate delicate appearing wire work handles and exquisite corded gold rope work and granulation. Robin’s egg blue and white enamel bring vivid embellishment to an otherwise understated elegance.
Date: Circa 1860.
Measurements: 1-3/4 inches (4.4 cm) in length including ear wire by 7/16 of an inch (1.1 cm) in width. Weight of 5.1 grams (3.3 dwt) for the pair.
Condition: Excellent; later ear wires; safety catch is original.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.