Georgian Paste Cluster Earrings c. 1780
During the Georgian period paste jewelry was not considered to be an imitation of precious gem pieces. In fact, the attitude held regarding paste was that it was indeed a jewel in its own right. The construction of a paste treasure was as exacting and careful as that of any other fabulous Georgian item of jewelry. Even Marie Antoinette wore paste!
This charming pair of 18th century paste earrings is manifested in flower form. From its scalloped perimeter to the small foliate cluster within, each finely shaped paste has been foiled and set closed back pavé style in the traditional silver. Notice how the center pastes are shaped in teardrop form, while the outer stones are round. Beautifully proportioned, modern 14k yellow gold ear wires have been added.
Date: Circa 1780.
Measurements: 13/16 of an inch (2.0 cm) including ear wire by 5/8 of an inch (1.4 cm) in diameter. Weight of 3.4 grams (2.2 dwt) for the pair.
Condition: Excellent; modern yellow gold ear wires.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.