Ornate Victorian “HOPE” Locket Pendant
Jewelry of the Victorian era was imbued with the use of more symbol and sentiment than almost any other period. This 18k yellow gold double box locket is a gloriously ornate example. Referred to as a “hope locket”, the textured surface of the oval locket has an anchor and rope design constructed in such a manner as to appear as though three-dimensional and entwined with the gold rope literally hanging off the edge. The anchor symbol became the metaphor for hope during the 18th century when men undertook long sea voyages. Leaving their loved ones behind the anchor came to represent the hope that the seafarers would return and anchor in their home port safe and sound.
Date: Circa 1870.
Need a chain? Just ask us about our selection!
Measurements: 1-1/4 inches (3.1 cm) in length including bale by 3/4 of an inch (1.9 cm) in width. Weight of 5.1 grams (3.2 dwt).
Condition: Excellent; photographs can be inserted as there are lips on two interior compartments; no rims are present. All metals are acid tested.
Origin: Most likely English.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, notify us within (3) days of receipt for a full refund. Return shipping is free!
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Just write "extended return" in the comments box of your order to qualify! Notify us by December 29th, ship back by January 2nd, 2015.
Standard Return Procedure
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.