Points of Color: Antique Turquoise Earrings
Earrings from the later decades of the 19th century tended toward having smaller proportions. Following a period of archaeological revival themes, it is not at all surprising that earrings of this period still utilized the materials used previously. A part of two element articulated earring of 18k yellow gold use the oft employed natural turquoise cabochons and a fairly classical leitmotif of ornate gold work. Surmounts of small discs of pierced and open work gold enfold a cabochon of turquoise in a similar manner to that of a rubbed over collet.
Suspended a larger, albeit still petite white enamel orb is ornately encrusted with modified gold scrolls, wreath forms and curves. Enmeshed within the intricate design are ten (10) natural turquoise cabochons in simple yellow gold bezels boldly accenting the white enamel with points of vibrant color.
Date: Circa 1880.
Measurements: 1 inch (2.5 cm) in length including ear wire and ½ of an inch (1.2 cm) without. Weight of 9.4 grams (6.0 dwt) for the pair.
Condition: Excellent; later 14k ear wires; 1 turquoise replaced.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.