Points of Color: Antique Turquoise Earrings
Earrings from the later decades of the 19th century tended toward having smaller proportions. Following a period of archaeological revival themes, it is not at all surprising that earrings of this period still utilized the materials used previously. A part of two element articulated earring of 18k yellow gold use the oft employed natural turquoise cabochons and a fairly classical leitmotif of ornate gold work. Surmounts of small discs of pierced and open work gold enfold a cabochon of turquoise in a similar manner to that of a rubbed over collet.
Suspended a larger, albeit still petite white enamel orb is ornately encrusted with modified gold scrolls, wreath forms and curves. Enmeshed within the intricate design are ten (10) natural turquoise cabochons in simple yellow gold bezels boldly accenting the white enamel with points of vibrant color.
Date: Circa 1880.
Measurements: 1 inch (2.5 cm) in length including ear wire and ½ of an inch (1.2 cm) without. Weight of 9.4 grams (6.0 dwt) for the pair.
Condition: Excellent; later 14k ear wires; 1 turquoise replaced.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.