Art Deco Tutti Frutti Sterling Brooch
The label “Tutti Frutti" in regards to jewels refers to a style of jewelry designed during early 20th century by the House of Cartier. Influenced by the colorful jewelry from India, Pierre Cartier was inspired to incorporate gemstones carved into floral and botanical forms into his already innovative pieces. An interesting fact is that almost a century after its design initiation, this style was given the appellation of “tutti frutti” in the 1970s. Also referred to as “fruit salad”, this design has remained a Cartier signature item.
Crafted in sterling silver, this form of fruit salad presents as a flower basket decorated with turquoise enamel and cross hatching of yellow enamel. The curved handle and basket trim are set with clear white pastes. A trio of molded glass flowers – golden yellow, cherry red and blue-grey – and silver leaves dotted with white pastes fill the colorful basket with its bounty. Whimsical and cheery, the three-dimensional brooch will brighten any day.
Date: Circa 1925.
Measurements: 1-1/2 inches (3.7 cm) in length by 1 inch (2.5 cm) in width. Weight of 7.9 grams (5.0 dwt).
Condition: Excellent; very slight mellowing to clear paste coloration but still all showing white.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, notify us within (3) days of receipt for a full refund. Return shipping is free!
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Just write "extended return" in the comments box of your order to qualify! Notify us by December 29th, ship back by January 2nd, 2015.
Standard Return Procedure
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.