Georgian Halley's Comet Garnet Earrings
Now this is a first! Halley’s Comet jewelry is usually in the form of a small brooch almost always 1-1/4 inches (3.2 cm) or less in length. This fabulous jewel is a pair of matched earrings with that motif. Each of the fiery 10k yellow gold comets sport two (2) faceted natural garnets in crimped collet mounts. Typically Georgian in construction, the gems are foiled and set closed back.
Date: Circa 1835.
Measurements: 1-1/4 inches (3.2 cm) in length including ear wire and 1 inch (2.5 cm) without by 3/8 of an inch (1.0 cm) at the widest. Weight of 2.8 grams (1.8 dwt) for the pair.
Condition: Excellent; one large garnet has an edge internal inclusion visible with a loupe; each connecting ring between the top and bottom has been reinforced; modern 14k ear wires. Was this pair originally two brooches converted? We see absolutely no evidence to support this contention on the back of the larger garnets.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Standard Return Procedure
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.