Poesy Ring "In thee my choice I do rejoice"
Traditionally English, the poesy (posey or posy) ring is a band of gold inscribed with an aphorism, saying or thought-provoking poem. Those from the Middle Ages usually had the inscription on the outer band. Around the 15th century the placement of the engraving shifted to the interior of the band and hidden from public view.
This 18th century high carat yellow gold (tests at 22k or more) ring carries a message deeply engraved in script – “In thee my choice I do rejoice” – indeed quite poignant and sentimental in nature. Although these rings are themselves scarce, this particular one is unusual in that it is hallmarked with an English maker’s mark which appears to be “ER” possibly for Emick Romer. A larger size and substantial width finger ring, it is perfect for a man or woman.
Date: 18th century.
Measurements: 3/16 of an inch (0.5 cm) in length north to south on the hand. Weight of 5.3 grams (3.5 dwt).
Ring Size: US 10-1/4 (UK U; Euro or Int. Circum. 62.7 mm; Int. Dia. 20 mm; Japan 21) Please contact us directly regarding ring sizing. Ring sizing information.
Hallmarks: English ER maker's mark – possibly Emick Romer (mid to later 18th century, London.
Condition: Excellent; small amount of light but even outer wear; a bit of softening to interior poesy consistent with age.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.