Georgian Flat Cut Garnet Earrings
Around the 1780-90 mark, jewelry took an abrupt turn from the ornate and flamboyant, to the geometric and classical. One trademark design characteristic was the flat backs that can be found on much of the jewelry from that era.
Rosy hued flat cut almandine garnets dance with life and appear much as they did nearly 200 years ago. Set into 9k rose gold, there is a 2 part construction allowing movement to the drop. Note the simple bezels adorned with little pinches of gold that cup each gemstone tightly and all are foiled beneath for extra color and play. Medium length and lively garnets make these irresistible. Later modern 10k yg ear wires.
Date: Circa 1810.
Measurements: 1-5/16 inch (3.3 cm) in length by 1/2 of an inch (1.2 cm) in width. Weight of 3.6 grams (2.3 dwt) for the pair.
Condition: Excellent, these may have been part of a large suite of jewelry or not started out life as earrings; later 10k ear wires.
Origin: Most likely English in origin.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Order by 3 pm CT of the 23rd in Time for Xmas!
Free Upgrade to Overnight!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, notify us within (3) days of receipt for a full refund. Return shipping is free!
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Just write "extended return" in the comments box of your order to qualify! Notify us by December 29th, ship back by January 2nd, 2015.
Standard Return Procedure
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.