Archaeological Revival Turquoise Earrings
The Victorian era was awash in revivals of both ancient and classic jewelry styles. One of the more outstanding types is that of Etruscan revival. Here 15k yellow gold domes are united with gold wire work and turquoise cut en cabochon. A perfect mid length, the round surmount features a single cabochon turquoise centered with wire work bezel and twisted rope perimeter.
Prominently centered within the larger oval form is a pavé of turquoise cabochons with corded rope detailing. Around the surface six (6) turquoise cabochons in gold collets are dispersed among a weave pattern of twisted gold wire. Similar corded rope work accentuates the outer edge. Note the detail of a love knot of wire which covers the connection point between top and bottom elements. Although the earrings appear weighty, they are easy to wear and do not pull on the ear lobe.
Date: Circa 1870.
Measurements: 1-5/8 inch (4.1 cm) in length by 3/4 of an inch (1.9 cm) in width. Weight of 10.8 grams (6.9 dwt) for the pair.
Condition: Excellent, later modern 14k yellow gold ear wires.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Standard Return Procedure
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.