Prodigious Victorian Era Tiger Claw Pendant
Tiger claw jewelry came into fashion with the colonization of India by the British from 1858 to 1947. British officers stationed in India found themselves seeking the excitement of hunting Bengal tigers which readily roamed all over the local villages. The Victorians at home were fascinated by objects and jewelry from far off exotic places and items had with the claws of tiger most certainly fit the bill.
Very large in proportion, this natural Bengal tiger claw is rather spectacular. Clad in 15k yellow gold, the ornate cap has various bands of intricate hand engraved scroll work, delicate wire work and a decorative leaf motif scalloped perimeter. The entire curve is covered with a smooth jacket of 15k yellow gold with just the front edge hand engraved. Originally a brooch, the antique piece has been transformed into an impressively large pendant.
Date: Circa 1880.
*Our apologies but we cannot ship this item to California.
Measurements: 1-15/16 inches (5.0 cm) in length including top two "O" fittings by 2-1/16 inch (5.2 cm) at the widest. Weight of 11.8 grams (7.6 dwt).
Condition: Excellent; converted from a brooch; a bit of minor surface distortion to back top; modern bale.
Origin: Most likely British or British Raj.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.