Edwardian Diamond Sapphire Pendant
The majority of pieces of antique jewelry are designed and constructed with the eye of an angel and the deftness of a magician. Even the fittings are executed with the utmost care as in this example.
Open work rose gold of 14k outlines a flower motif accented with a centered natural sapphire. Each gentle curve of the petals segues into scroll work which transforms into a heart configuration embellished with an old European cut diamond and a golden orb. In all there are six (6) old European cut diamonds with a total estimated weight of .42 carats.
The fold down bale is hinged in such a manner as to be situated in an up or down position. In addition, the loop of the bale swivels 360 degree to enable the orientation of the pendant to lay flat against the body. If this piece were to be crafted today the number of hours required would be staggering and the cost equal to the time involved.
Date: Circa 1910.
Need a chain? Just ask us about our selection!
Measurements: 1 inch (3.5 cm) in length including bale by 7/8 of an inch (2.2 cm) in width. Weight of 3.9 grams (2.5 dwt).
Condition: Excellent; brooch fitting was removed in the past.
Note: Stones were not removed to preserve the integrity of the setting. All weights are approximated by measurement and formula and may vary from actual weights.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.