Basket Full: Georgian Day Night Earrings
Long in the tradition of the Georgian era, this pair of gilt metal earrings will charm even the most jaded connoisseur of whimsy. In addition, the three part earrings are of the day night genre. Lace-like metal work characterizes a small wire basket with a twisted rope border and handle. Set within a series of natural coral beads on wire emulate little tomatoes still on the vine.
Above is a gilt wreath set within a wide strap fashioned in a similar manner as the basket. A removable halved globe of woven gilt metal with corded rope border suspends the carry-all with basket. Back to front ear wires finish the utterly delectable earrings.
Date: Circa 1840.
Measurements: 2-1/8 inches (5.4 cm) in length including ear wire by 9/16 of an inch (1.5 cm) at the widest. Weight of 6.8 grams (4.4 dwt) for the pair.
Condition: Excellent; a few minute break to the lace like metal work, coral beads may be a later addition.
Origin: Most likely European.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Standard Return Procedure
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.