Wondrous Georgian Pinchbeck & Enamel Bracelet
Pinchbeck is quite rare and not often seen in today’s marketplace. A metal alloy of copper and zinc, it was invented in the early 18th century. The formula was a highly guarded secret as Pinchbeck was used as a respectable alternative to high carat gold.
Dramatic in presentation, this early 19th century bracelet is most likely English in origin. It consists of a series of panels or links of yellow Pinchbeck – a most remarkable material which remains as bright and glowing as the made it was made. The central open work plaque is embellished with a black enamel panel decorated with a polychromatic floral motif. Of note, the rose-toned Pinchbeck adjustable clasp was specific to this time period.
Date: Circa 1830 – 1840.
Measurements: This is adjustable and has six settings. Will fit a small wrist up to about 7-1/4 inches (18.4 cm).
Condition: Excellent; enamel panel has one corner with a few chips only evident upon very close inspection or with magnification; clasp has overall even wear.
Origin: Most likely English.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
For Non-Gift Purchases - Our Standard Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.