Antique Hyacinth Blue Guilloché Enamel Locket
Those of the Edwardian era (c. 1890-1915) were quite enamored with all types of embellished jewelry. One of the decorative techniques which had a resurgence of popularity during that time was that of guilloché. The term is often misused in describing a type of enameling. In actuality, it is the technique or process of engraving a design or pattern onto the surface of metal using a type of machine known as an engine turning lathe or tour à guilloché. The label is applied when the engraving is covered with translucent enamel.
A large round double box locket of sterling silver has been engraved with a repeating pattern. Resplendent in hyacinth blue enamel, the flower-like image on both sides appears to leap off the page. The flat profile locket opens to reveal compartments for two photographs or the like.
Date: Circa 1910.
Measurements: 1-3/4 inches (4.5 cm) in length including bale by 1-7/16 inch (3.6 cm) in width. Weight of 14.3 grams (9.2 dwt).
Condition: Excellent for the enamel and silver; locket inner rims are deficient though photographs can still be placed inside as edge has an overhang; plastic inserts are replaced.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
For Non-Gift Purchases - Our Standard Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.