Victorian Grandness: Pearl Enamel Pendant
Jewelry from the Grand Period (1860 – 1885) was often influenced by the classical designs of the Etruscans and, less importantly by Greek and Renaissance forms. In the mid years of this time frame the use of color abounds. Colored gems and polychromatic enamel decoration seemed to rule.
Lovely craftsmanship and classical motifs characterize a 15k yellow gold two-part pendant. A central boss or dome of blue enamel over gold is enhanced with a star set with six (6) tiny half seed pearls in a flowerhead configuration. A smooth yellow gold collet accented with a double tier of twisted gold wire work embraces the perimeter of the boss. The rim is appointed with a series of white enamel delicate egg shaped drops and is also decorated with a corded rope design highlighted with golden orbs. A shaped drop with matching white enamel ovoid points and delicate twisted wire balance the intricate corded rope bale which surmounts the pendant.
Date: Circa 1870.
Measurements: 1-1/2 inches (3.8 cm) in length including bale by 1 inch (2.5 cm) in width. Weight of 10.6 grams (6.8 dwt).
Condition: Excellent; minute indentations to the reverse.
Origin: Most likely English.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
For Non-Gift Purchases - Our Standard Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.