Amuletic Raj Era Tiger Claw Pendant
Intriguing in design and exotic in material, masterful English gold work makes for legendary tales with this Raj era tiger claw pendant. Transformed from a brooch to a pendant, the natural claw has been embellished with a 9k rose gold cap, side and tip. Ornate hand engraved patterns decorate the front of the cap and side with the reverse smooth and unobstructed. Quite large in size, this unique amulet will bring strength and courage to those who place it on their body.
Date: Circa 1920.
Historical notes: British colonization of India began with the transfer of control from the East India Company to that of the British government. That period of rule from 1858 until 1947 has come to be known as the British Raj. Referred to collectively as Raj and produced in India from the mid to well into the early 20th century, all manner of jewelry from suites and parures to men's accessories was made in both countries to cater to the tastes of the souvenir collecting British.
Our apologies but this item cannot be shipped to California.
Measurements: 1-1/2 inches (3.8 cm) in length including top two "O" fittings by 5/8 inch (1.6 cm) at the widest. Weight of 3.2 grams (2.1 dwt).
Condition: Excellent, converted from a brooch to a pendant, pendant fitting modern.
Note: Legal under exemptions for CITES as a worked item pre 1947.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.