The Ship Sails On - Symbolic Earrings
New Lower Price!!! Down from $765.
These silver and cobalt blue enamel earrings were most likely made to commemorate the R.N. Roma, an Italian WWII ship that sank during a battle. A grand total of 1453 lives were lost with only 569 people surviving. The life preserver motif has “R.N. Roma * SPQR” on one side and the word “Intangible” with a rope and love knot on the other. SPQR is an abbreviation for the Latin phrase “Senātus Populusque Rōmānus” (The Senate and People of Rome) used to represent the people of Rome. The loss of this ship was a doubly tragic as it was sunk by the Germans as Italy had just signed an armistice with the Allied forces. Poignant and touching, these symbolic earrings are a testament to how jewelry is so much more than mere adornment.
Date: Circa 1943-1944.
Measurements: 1-1/2 inches (3.8 cm) in length including ear wire by 13/16 of an inch (2.1 cm) at the widest. Weight of 10.1 grams (6.5 dwt) for the pair.
Condition: Very good; three chips to enamel visible upon very close inspection or with magnification – these chips still read as blue so difficult to detect.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.