Flower Bright: Antique Garnet & Chrysoberyl Pendant
Brought into the Old World by the Spanish and Portuguese during the 18th century, chrysoberyl was a featured gemstone for the Iberian Peninsula.
England was one of the few countries that used chrysoberyl with garnets for their jewelry.
Using that spectacular combination in a pendant of 14k yellow gold, an oval faceted garnet (9 mm by 7 mm) with an estimated weight of 1.8 carats is surrounded by eight (8) chrysoberyl gem petals of a mouthwatering yellow. These stones have a high reflective index and consequently sparkle a great deal for their size. Accompanied by a fine rolo chain of 14k.
Date: Circa 1850; modern for the chain.
Measurements: Pendant is 1 inch (2.6 cm) in length by 5/8 of an inch (1.6 cm) in width. Chain is 16 inches (40.6 cm) in total length. Weight of 3.6 grams (2.3 dwt) for pendant and chain.
Condition: Excellent; later bale and attachment point; modern chain.
Origin: Possibly English.
Note: Stones were not removed to preserve the integrity of the setting. All weights are approximated by measurement and formula and may vary from actual weights.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.