Flower Bright: Antique Garnet & Chrysoberyl Pendant
Brought into the Old World by the Spanish and Portuguese during the 18th century, chrysoberyl was a featured gemstone for the Iberian Peninsula.
England was one of the few countries that used chrysoberyl with garnets for their jewelry.
Using that spectacular combination in a pendant of 14k yellow gold, an oval faceted garnet (9 mm by 7 mm) with an estimated weight of 1.8 carats is surrounded by eight (8) chrysoberyl gem petals of a mouthwatering yellow. These stones have a high reflective index and consequently sparkle a great deal for their size. Accompanied by a fine rolo chain of 14k.
Date: Circa 1850; modern for the chain.
Measurements: Pendant is 1 inch (2.6 cm) in length by 5/8 of an inch (1.6 cm) in width. Chain is 16 inches (40.6 cm) in total length. Weight of 3.6 grams (2.3 dwt) for pendant and chain.
Condition: Excellent; later bale and attachment point; modern chain.
Origin: Possibly English.
Note: Stones were not removed to preserve the integrity of the setting. All weights are approximated by measurement and formula and may vary from actual weights.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
For Non-Gift Purchases - Our Standard Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.