Antique Turquoise & Pearl Brooch Pendant
Shades of archaeological revival and 19th century design work characterize this wonderfully large and precious 18k yellow gold brooch pendant. As was typical during this era, brooches were often made with an additional fitting for a pendant. This particular example has a removable bale which can be slid off from the jewel or the pin stem unscrews for versatility.
Merely superb in construction and craftsmanship, the pendant radiates from nine (9) centrally set natural half seed pearls (untested but guaranteed to be natural) lozenge to a series of tiered levels consisting of lace-life gold tracery, a border of channel set natural turquoise en cabochon to more of the delightful gold filigree capped with a beaded edge. The removable bale echoes with channel set turquoise perimeter dotted with golden orbs. Striking in appearance and large in proportion.
Date: Circa 1900.
Measurements: 2-7/8 of an inch (7.3 cm) in length by 1-3/8 inches (3.5 cm) in width. Weight of 13.3 grams (8.6 dwt).
Hallmarks: Owl mark from France.
Condition: Excellent; top fitting of drop re-attached at some point; one outer edge bead replaced.
Origin: Imported into France.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
For Non-Gift Purchases - Our Standard Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.