Buttercup Setting in an Edwardian Diamond Ring
The buttercup setting emerged around 1880 and was typically American. It is so named for the buttercup flower as the scalloped design has curves between the prongs which accentuate the petal-like effect when seen from the top. This charming Edwardian ring of 10k rose gold is by the prodigious Newark firm of the Allsopp Brothers. It features an old European cut diamond of an estimated .70 carats (I-J color; SI1 clarity) which virtually leaps off the finger with pizzazz.
Date: Circa 1910.
Measurements: 5/16 of an inch (0.9 cm) in length north to south on the hand and rises 3/16 of an inch (0.6 cm) in height off the finger. Weight of 1.7 grams (1.1 dwt).
Ring Size: US 9 (UK R-1/2; Euro or Int. Circum. 59.5 mm; Int. Dia. 18.9 mm; Japan 18) and easily can be sized to fit most. Ring sizing information.
Hallmarks: A; a star.
Note: Diamond was not removed to preserve the integrity of the setting. Weight is approximated by measurement and formula and may vary from actual weights. Grading may vary if stone is removed.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Standard Return Procedure
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.