Victorian Tweet: Aesthetic Period Locket
The impact that a cultures can have on others outside of that specific one is truly amazing. Of course, jewelry is but one of many areas influenced in such a manner.
Here we are able to see the impact that tenets of Japanese society had on the design and ornamentation of sentimental jewelry of the Victorian era. A large oval double box photo locket of sterling silver offers a tranquil water scene of a crane grooming among the reeds and flowers of a stream.
A branch from a nearby tree has broken and tumbled into the water yet the crane remains undisturbed. A butterfly intrigued by the nonplussed fowl flutters about the scene as a forest bird twitters to his minions. The reverse displays a hand-engraved monogram with the stylized initials S, S, B and I. The interior sports two compartments for photographs or memorabilia.
Date: Circa 1880.
Measurements: 2-1/2 inches (6.5 cm) in length including bale by 1-1/2 inch (3.8 cm) in width. Weight of 22.7 grams (14.6 dwt).
Condition: Excellent; one inner rim missing but a second photograph can be held in place with the plastic insert if desired.
Origin: Most likely English.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
For Non-Gift Purchases - Our Standard Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.