Victorian Diamond Set Heart & Crown Pendant
The motif of a heart surmounted by a crown dates back to the 16th century when Mary Stuart, commonly known as Mary, Queen of Scots was the queen regnant of Scotland. Adored by her people, the heart is symbolic of love and the crown signifies loyalty and fidelity. The design has continued to be employed through the centuries.
Here in the form of a petite yet very shimmering pendant is that uncompromising symbol rendered in silver-topped 14k yellow gold and set with thirty-five (35) old mine and old single cut diamonds with a total estimated weight of .82 carats (J-L color range). Carefully detailed, the pendant is an example of lovely open work, symmetry, balance and harmony of design.
Date: Circa 1880.
Need a chain? Just ask us about our selection!
Measurements: 1-3/16 of an inch (3.0 cm) in length from top of the "O" fitting to bottom by 3/4 of an inch (1.9 cm) in width. Weight of 2.5 grams (1.6 dwt).
Condition: Excellent; a few diamonds with scratches only visible with magnification; later top “O” fitting.
Origin: Most likely English.
Note: Diamonds were not removed to preserve the integrity of the setting. Weights are approximated by measurement and formula and may vary from actual weights.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, notify us within (3) days of receipt for a full refund. Return shipping is free!
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Just write "extended return" in the comments box of your order to qualify! Notify us by December 29th, ship back by January 2nd, 2015.
Standard Return Procedure
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.