Antique Turquoise Day Night Earrings
The earrings described herein are an exceptional example of how even jewelry was party to the poetry and symbolism rampant during the Victorian era. The likeness of the Scottish bluebell flower is perfectly rendered in this pair of 10k yellow gold pendant drop day night earrings from the early or Romantic Victorian era (mid 19th century).
In the language of flowers the bluebell represented delicacy and kindness and these earrings generate feelings which clearly reflect those sentiments. Turquoise cabochons, forty in each earring are pavé set upon and within bell-shaped flowers of yellow gold. On the bell three (3) tiny seed pearls of tears grace the top. Delicately rendered, engraved and textured leaves and stems of gold languidly drape over the blossom.
A gold bezel set with a cabochon turquoise accents the “stem” of the flower which can be worn separately from the pendant drop. Please note that the earrings are not duplicates but are worn as right and left – a technique often seen in 18th and 19th century earrings which indicate the craftsmanship inherent in the design.
Date: Circa 1860.
Measurements: 1-3/4 inches (4.4 cm) in length by 11/16 of an inch (1.8 cm) in width. Weight of 9.1 grams (5.9 dwt) for the pair.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.