Garrard Wise Owls Brooch
A pair of wise old owls of 9k white gold roosted upon a twisting branch of yellow gold of 9k. Side by side the owls stared into the night with eyes of green garnets patiently waiting for the sun to rise. It was only then that they could whisper in the ear of the person who pinned on this brooch. Receive wise sayings, protective comments and insightful tidbits without the need for modern day technology.
Finely rendered and charming in composition, this mid century brooch has replicated a realistic image of the owl from feathers to finery, facial discs to wide fixed eyes and detailed plumage back and front. The gold branch has wonderful surface texturing and shows a naturalistic configuration. On the reverse are the original brooch fittings.
The brooch is accompanied by the box of issue (original box) which was retailed by the famous London jewelers, Garrard & Co. Ltd., who, for over a century were jewelers to the Crown of England as well as given the responsibility for the upkeep of the Crown Jewels of England. The box reads with the Regent Street address.
Date: Circa 1950.
Measurements: 1-1/2 inches (3.9 cm) in length by 3/4 inches (1.9 cm) in width. Weight of 6.2 grams (4.0 dwt).
Hallmarks: 9ct; possibly A&W maker's mark.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back - No Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.