Antique Compact with Mirror Pendant
Artifacts from yesteryear can create a sense of nostalgia or can be viewed with wonder using the eyes of today. Here we have an example of a powder compact pendant used during the turn of the 20th century.
Clearly neoclassical revival style, the exterior surface of the 14k yellow gold sphere is adorned with garlands, swags and leaves. Under the design fine vertical lines radiate from north to south creating a panorama of visual interest. Please note the original chain and ring with the ring worn on the finger and the compact held within the palm of the hand.
Upon opening the hinged orb, the interior reveals one half to be concave; the other side contains a removable mirror with a domed or convex configuration to enable the entire face to be seen intact. If so desired, the piece could be converted to a pendant.
Date: Circa 1900.
Measurements: 5-1/4 inches (14.5 cm) in total length by 1-1/8 (2.9 cm) at the widest. Weight of 11.1 grams (17.3 dwt).
Hallmarks: 14k; mark for Carter Hastings, Howe or Carter Howe.
Condition: Excellent; mirror has a few light areas of haze (see photos).
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
For Non-Gift Purchases - Our Standard Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.