Victorian Celtic Revival Enamel & Pearl Earrings
Queen Victoria reigned long and prospered during the mid to later years of the 19th century. During this time she became so enraptured with the Scottish Highlands that in 1847 she and her consort Albert purchased Balmoral Castle in Scotland. She spent much of her incumbency there as well as in England. As a consequence, Scottish and Celtic motifs incorporated into any number of items enjoyed their own long reign of popularity.
This pair of superb and meticulously constructed 15k yellow gold earrings demonstrates how the aforementioned symbols were integrated into jewelry of the era. A radiant intricate Celtic pattern adorns a round disc of gold. Surface texture galore, inlaid white enamel with a hint of very pale blue and a centered natural pearl (assumed to be natural due to age and examination) highlight and accentuate the design elements of this perfect pair of mid-length earrings.
Date: Circa 1860.
Measurements: 1-9/16 inches (4.0 cm) including ear wire and 1-1/4 inches (3.2 cm) without by 13/16 of an inch (2.1 cm) at the widest. Weight of 6.7 grams (4.3 dwt) for the pair.
Condition: Excellent with nothing of note.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back - No Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.