Divine Spanish 18th C. Diamond Pendant
Pieces of jewelry from 18th century Spain and Portugal have a magical appeal. Typically high carat gold, as is this ornate pendant of 18k - 20k yellow gold. Set with forty-six (46) rose cut diamonds, this particular type of mount with its small cones or domes of gold is characteristic of the Iberian Peninsula region. The gem is set with gold up the sides and then burnished to a smooth finish which effectively encases the stone in a mound of gold.
The hand made open work pendant is rococo in overall feel especially with its flow of opposed and lyrical C-scrolls. Finely constructed curvilinear and elaborate forms with arcs and interruptions were intended to subsume the linear elements of the design. Please note the trio of teardrop dangles which hallmark a great deal of 18th century jewelry designs and motifs.
Date: Mid 18th century. Closer dating is difficult due to the persistence of styles in this region and the length of time they were in fashion.
Measurements: 2-3/8 inches (6.0 cm) in length by 1-3/8 inches (3.5 cm) at the widest. Weight of 9.4 grams (6.0 dwt).
Condition: Excellent; one of the smallest diamonds chipped and visible with magnification.
Origin: Most likely Spanish or Portuguese.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back - No Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.